FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
[GUIDE!] How to Install Rock Band 3 Custom Songs!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComicBookGuru wrote:
We might be really close to TU5 customs, if anyone else has been on the FB page.

Oh? That's pretty vague; how do we know we're "close"?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
pikminguts92  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LyokoFreaks wrote:

Trust me, we're pretty dang close. ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRU87pwjHEA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm5mBMna7T4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PikminGuts92
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pikminguts92 wrote:
Trust me, we're pretty dang close. ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRU87pwjHEA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm5mBMna7T4

Wow, just goes to show I've been way out of the loop on this. It looks like the only issue with that track is the tempo map being off. You guys are crazy awesome for getting this close.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LyokoFreaks wrote:
ComicBookGuru wrote:
We might be really close to TU5 customs, if anyone else has been on the FB page.

Quote:
This is really bugging me. Everything in my package file is from the custom song except the original paranoid midi file.

Everything is organized by paranoid (paranoid.mid, paranoid.mogg, etc). The only line I had to modify in the songs.dta was 'name'. I replaced "songs/aharddaysnight/aharddaysnight" with "songs/paranoid/paranoid".

It's odd that RB3 accepts it like this but it's even more odd that I can't replace the tempo map by the pro guitar upgrade method.

Quote:
I swear, the tempo map issue is the ONLY thing holding us back from customs on TU5.

Quote:
I just put my custom export of Paranoid in the game with The Beatles song. Both of them work fine. This means that having multiple custom songs on TU5 will be possible.

tl;dr: It appears that, barring the fact that currently the game is loading a tempo map off of the disc, we should be able to trick RB3 into thinking that customs are legit and have them play.
pikminguts92  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually at this point, I've come to realize that it's playing the tempo track off of the original paranoid.mid that's inside the package file. RB3 requires the original mid to verify it's an "RB1 import".

Right now I have it set up to where it's playing the other tracks from the upgrade midi file (Pro guitar upgrade method).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PikminGuts92
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pikminguts92 wrote:
Actually at this point, I've come to realize that it's playing the tempo track off of the original paranoid.mid that's inside the package file. RB3 requires the original mid to verify it's an "RB1 import".

Right now I have it set up to where it's playing the other tracks from the upgrade midi file (Pro guitar upgrade method).

Hmm. But we can't change the tempo track in that package because then the game won't accept it, correct?
pikminguts92  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComicBookGuru wrote:

Hmm. But we can't change the tempo track in that package because then the game won't accept it, correct?

Yep, that's the reason exactly.
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pikminguts92 wrote:
ComicBookGuru wrote:

Yep, that's the reason exactly.

...well shit.
pikminguts92  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, unfortunately I don't know any of the technical stuff about midi files. So I will have to find another way around this roadblock.
Nyxyxylyth  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pikminguts92 wrote:
Yeah, unfortunately I don't know any of the technical stuff about midi files. So I will have to find another way around this roadblock.

Hmm... just a checksum thing that maybe we could fake out with some well-placed text events?

Where's this facebook group? The old thread's link didn't work.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Nyxyxylyth
yamamoto114  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually curious to hear if there's been any progress on getting customs into TU5.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Takeru Yamamoto PSN Name: DivideByIchi
pikminguts92  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well like I said before, the only thing that was holding us back was the tempo map issue. RB3 still will only use the tempo map from the original RB1 song. With the help of REAPER and EOF, I am able to convert the tempo map of existing custom songs so they match the RB1 song but still have the notes and everything else remain in sync.

Here are some preview videos of them in action. I think they look kind of bad like that but what do you think?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOb9kP23CMM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9rwvRt694I
Nyxyxylyth  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pikminguts92 wrote:
Well like I said before, the only thing that was holding us back was the tempo map issue. RB3 still will only use the tempo map from the original RB1 song. With the help of REAPER and EOF, I am able to convert the tempo map of existing custom songs so they match the RB1 song but still have the notes and everything else remain in sync.

Are you using REAPER to speed/slow the original audio? That has interesting implications.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Nyxyxylyth
raynebc  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's just saving the custom's MIDI tracks (except for the tempo and beat tracks) into the RB1 song's MIDI (whose tempo and beat tracks are kept). The custom won't be beat synced, but its notes are in sync with the custom's audio. MIDI editors have generally always been able to do this, but I added this capability to EOF because it was needed in order to create pro guitar upgrades for charts that had peculiar tempo tracks (mid-beat tempo or time signature changes).
Nyxyxylyth  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
He's just saving the custom's MIDI tracks (except for the tempo and beat tracks) into the RB1 song's MIDI (whose tempo and beat tracks are kept). The custom won't be beat synced, but its notes are in sync with the custom's audio. MIDI editors have generally always been able to do this, but I added this capability to EOF because it was needed in order to create pro guitar upgrades for charts that had peculiar tempo tracks (mid-beat tempo or time signature changes).

Oh, I get it now - to hell with the beat marks on the screen.

How does that *feel* in play? Especially for drums. I'll have to give it a try.

EDIT:
So using this, we're constrained to 45+13-4=54 customs?
Can you have multiple sets of USB sticks with these spoofed export files?
I gather you'd have to delete your cache each time you switched?
Your high scores for RB1 songs would become meaningless as you play multiple songs with the same ID, correct?

Last edited by Nyxyxylyth on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: